Tuesday 19 February 2008

I heart drunken e-mails to bands

(And apparently like recieving them cos sometimes they reply.)


The MMK Parisian correspondant recently went to see Simian Mobile Disco and The Whip play. She seems to have been quite impressed. (The review will be up shortly, I'm sure.) But it reminded me that I still have not seen SMD play live since they opened Glastobury 2007 with one of the worst sets I have ever heard. They played on Thursday at midnight. And it was so terrible that I was compelled to post a negative comment on their myspace (hit them where it hurts, obviously). This was done a whole five days later when I finally returned to Dublin, hungover and still smelly. As I'm sure most of you know, you can chose to pre-read all comments you recieve and decide wheter you want them on your profile page. SMD rejected my comment. The ultimate burn.


They did however reply a few days later by e-mail with some kind of explanation. I have forgiven them. Not so much because it seems like a valid excuse. But more so cos I was excited to get an e-mail from a famous person. (Sad, I know.)

No comments: