Sunday 13 July 2008

These are selfish times

Something happened to me when I heard Why? for the first time. Lil played them to me in Paris back in March and I can safely say that 80% of my music listening time since then has been dedicated to them. I am addicted. I have never heard enough. How do they do it?

Despite the fact that I was in the country when they played ALT back in April and that I had a ticket for their gig in Paris the following week, I still havn't managed to see them yet. So when I heard they'll be playing Andrew's Lane again in November I was so excited I almost wet myself. Well not really but I did do my, “my new favorite band are playing” dance. I checked the ticketmaster website everyday until they went on sale, and I am now the proud owner of a ticket.

For those of you who aren't familiar with them yet ive decided to start describing them as the world's greatest band. Maybe im exaggerating a little, but you wont know for sure until you give them a listen. And they're friends with cool bands like Deerhoof and Islands on myspace so if that isn't reason enough to give them a chance then I just don't know what is.


And for your viewing pleasure;

2 comments:

Philip Kennedy said...

I'm nearly with you on that.. you know a band is amazing when you have one album and you're nervous to hear the other ones for fear that they will never be as good.

blogee said...

You should also listen to cLOUDDEAD. It's some pre Why? stuff that Yoni was involved with. And, of course, it's great aswell.