Tuesday 20 May 2008

SHE WAS A LIAARRR!!!!!

Ignore that last post, they did play. At about 12 0'clock yesterday it was announced that the gig was cancelled, apparently they had missed the ferry and it was all off. Understandably everyone was fairly pissed off and remained that way for the rest of the day, especially me who had to feck off into work at five. I checked my phone at around eight to find I had 9 missed calls and a fair few messages, word on the street was that it was back on in Whelan's at half ten. That last hour of work was utterly shambolic, I was too confused/ excited/ anxious to work. Legged it down to Whelan's to see what the story was and bought as many tickets as I could. We were left standing around outside to Whelan's till half eleven. In we go and almost straight away Bradford Cox aka Atlas Sound started up, he was good but I think I'd prefer to listen to the record. Animal Collective were fantastic, they played a mix of new stuff as well as stuff from Sung Tongs, feels and Strawberry Jam although it was the new stuff that really stood out for me.

We felt a little like this after the gig.

Photobucket




From what I can gather their bus broke down on the way to the ferry so they missed it, they got the later ferry so they were coming to Dublin anyway but Tripod has an early curfew which meant that they definitely couldn't play the gig there. Being the entrepreneurial lot they are Foggy Notions saw the opportunity in the evening and put on the adhoc gig themselves. Fair play and many thanks.

No comments: